REMINDER: Applicants who have already completed any of the classes listed below and do not wish to repeat the class within the Firefighter program, must submit the respective course completion certificate/card to the Vermont Fire Academy by the application deadline.
- CPR (current through to completion of requested Firefighter program)
- First Aid (current through to the completion of the requested Firefighter program)
- ICS 100 (taken within the last 10 years)
- ICS 200 (taken within the last 10 years) - Firefighter I/II program only
- VFIS National Traffic Incident Management or National Traffic Incident Management (within the last 10 years)
- Hazardous Material Operations (within 2 editions of the current standard)
- Wildland (within the last 10 years)
We will not accept any additional documentation after the application deadline. If we don’t receive any of the above, students will be expected to attend the class when it is offered within the program.
Student manuals are not returnable after Orientation. The sponsoring department will be charged for the cost of the student manual if a student fails to complete the program.
Students must be 18 years of age at the start date of the program that they are enrolling in.