This two-day course presents a basic overview of a fire investigation. Students will review the basics of fire chemistry and develop an understanding of the role of the first responder in relation to fire suppression and fire investigation. The course will stress the importance of fire scene awareness, evidence identification, preservation, and the basics of a fire investigation. Students will develop an appreciation of the convergence of suppression, investigation, science, and law. After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Evaluate how the role of first responder relates to the fundamentals of fire investigation.
• Evaluate the impact of fire dynamics on the fire investigation.
• Consider the process of a fire scene investigation.
• Develop an understanding of potential issues and hazards affecting the first responder that relate to fatal fires, trauma, behavioral health, arson, and social media.
• Evaluate a fire scene and identify evidence applicable to
Dates: January 21 & 22
Location - Wilmington
Application Deadline: December 2, 2022
Time daily: 0800-1700
Prerequisite: ICS-100 & 200
Cost: No charge
Send applications back to DPS.VFAApplications@Vermont.gov