Vermont Fire Academy
Welcome to the Vermont Fire Academy Home Page!
The Vermont Fire Academy is based in Pittsford, VT with a primary focus of delivering training to responders throughout the state. This website is used to distribute timely course information and is updated on a continual basis, so please check back frequently and feel free to contact us with any questions you have.
Firefighter I and II Course Locations Announced
All applications are due 2 weeks prior to the course orientation date. Course orientation dates will be announced when available. All courses are projected to start in late August or September. Applicants must be at least 18 years old by January 1, 2015. Click here to download a General Admission Application
Firefighter I Course Locations:
- Beecher Falls Start date and schedule TBA
- Bethel Start date and schedule TBA
- Groton Start date and schedule TBA
- Middlebury Orientation 9/4/14, class meets Thursdays & some Saturdays
- Milton Start date and schedule TBA
- Pittsford Start date and schedule TBA
- Richford Start date and schedule TBA
- Springfield Start date and schedule TBA
- Waitsfield / Fayston Start date and schedule TBA
Firefighter II Course Locations:
Prerequisites: Currently certified at Firefighter I and Hazardous Materials Operations
- South Hero Start date and schedule TBA
- Windham County Start date, location, and schedule TBA
- Windsor Start date and schedule TBA
Candidate Physical Ability Testing
Application Period Open
Applications are now being accepted for Candidate Physical Ability Testing (CPAT) for entry-level career firefighters in Vermont. Many career fire departments require successful completion of this testing as a part of their hiring process. Application deadline is August 1, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Incident Command Training is offered by the Vermont Fire Academy and Vermont Police Academy regularly. For more information on NIMS or ICS training opportunities, click here.
New Free Online Program Available!
This course is delivered in an online independent study format and is designed to provide electrical emergency awareness level training to emergency responders. Click here for more information.