Jones and Bartlett Learning training materials are available to Vermont Fire Departments, Vermont Fire Fighters, and Vermont Fire Academy Students through the Vermont Fire Academy at a 35% discount off of retail price. This discount applies only to Vermont affiliated responders.
Orders can be placed by mailing a completed order form with payment to the Vermont Fire Academy. Returns are not accepted for any reason.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are pleased to bring you the third edition of Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills, the next step in the evolution of Fire Fighter I and Fire Fighter II training. With superior teaching and learning tools, the first and second editions of Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills set a new benchmark in fire fighter training. Now the NFPA, IAFC, and Jones & Bartlett Learning are proud to raise the bar for the fire service again.
The third edition covers the entire spectrum of the 2013 Edition of NFPA 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, as well as the requirements for Operations level responders in the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents. From fire suppression to hazardous materials to emergency medical care, this one volume covers all of Fire Fighter I and Fire Fighter II training requirements.
This Student Workbook contains exercises to reinforce what you will learn in both Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills, Third Edition and the classroom. The exercises cover the 2013 Edition of NFPA 1001:Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications and the requirements of the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472:Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents. It is designed to encourage critical thinking and aid comprehension through a variety of exercises in each chapter, including:
- Multiple Choice—Numerous multiple-choice questions prepare you for exams.
- Fire Alarms—Scenarios help you develop your decision-making skills by describing emergencies and challenging you to come up with solutions.
- Skill Drills—Test your skills with photo jumbles and caption fill-ins. Place photos in the correct order to test your knowledge of a skill and fill-in the captions to ensure that you know all the details of each step.
- Labeling—Master visual recognition with labeling activities.
- Fire Fighter II in Action—Fire Fighter II students have an additional opportunity to consider a scenario and determine how it should be handled using the student’s own department’s policies and procedures.
- And More—True/false, matching, crossword puzzles, short answer, and fill-ins!